Sunday, October 19, 2008

chelation has begun!

Gonna try to keep this as informative as I possibly can, since little SBear is sick (*sad*), and has not left my arms since this morning....I knew my triceps needed help! Also, I am not a fan of one-handed typing!

Okay. NBear is now officially on a chelation schedule, which is Friday and Saturday for eight weeks. Remember how the suppositories worked so well for her? We decided to stick with those, especially since the very FIRST challenge test showed a huge pull in the LEAD department! *I need to find that lab test to show you!* She took some blood tests beforehand to make sure all was well, and will take a follow-up urine test to see if the chelation is doing its thing.

Our concerns right now, of course, are the yeast flare-ups Dr. Mielke warned us about, as well as the possible harm to her liver. I'm so very worried about it all, but am ready in a heartbeat to stop if I see any red lights! My constant mantra is: leave no stone unturned, leave no stone unturned...
She is currently battling a bad cough and cold, which is accompanied by a low-grade fever. Unfortunately, sisters M and S Bears are in the same hole. Not hard to see that their immune systems were definitely compromised after all that traveling. :(

I leave you now with some pics of the island I call home, and my girls enjoying the tropical scenery:


No comments: