Saturday, September 13, 2008

mainstreaming and other updates!

Check out this super-cute message from NBear's mainstreaming teacher:

(sent via email)

MommyBear, She did fantastic on Friday also. She and I have a system where every time she lies down or rolls on the carpet, I count to 3. She gets up immediately after I count 1. Also transitioning, she does well with numbers. She had a spelling test on Friday and was able to follow. Of course, thanks to NBear spelling it out everyone benefitted. :)

Mrs. MT

Spelling her words OUT LOUD?
Whowudda thought?........*wink*

*deep breath* Now that I'm here in update land, I've decided to enumerate the ongoings of the last few days for ease of mind (on my part), and ease of reading (on yours):

1) the whole suppository (DMSA - chelation) deal went surprisingly well last night! She kept still enough that administering it was a success. I followed the directions and had her lay on her side, with her knees to her chest. Huz kept her occupied by reading her favorite Dora book with her. Now (as is always the case, it seems) we wait for the results after we send the test out on Monday. *happy thoughts and prayers needed here*

* I have to add that it was SO MUCH easier to do this challenge test because we only needed to take her first morning urine sample (since she slept through the night). That sure as heck beats having to follow her around for 6-8 hours, like a desert nomad collecting water.*

2) Next item on the agenda - the antivirals. Important note on Virastop, Acyclovir, and OLE: hang in there, guys! Trust me when I say that I actually had thoughts of giving up because NBear had become so different in the past 3 weeks- irritable, defiant (very!), apathetic, hyper - and I was so mad at the possibility that these meds were making her worse, and would KEEP her like this. She was also back on Diflucan at this point. The last three days have been the light at the end of the tunnel, though. So, you can make your appearance now, Mr. Sigh of Relief. :)

*She did have a mild rash on her back and upper thighs, which most people (including the Huz)would probably say is viral die-off. It looked a lot like eczema to me, but who knows? After a few scratching sessions, NBear seemed fine.*

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Consider yourself lucky...Matthew would NEVER let me put anything "up there"! :)