Wednesday, December 10, 2008

she let go...

I was emulating Olivia Newton John's performance in Xanadu last Saturday at Joshie's birthday party in San Ramon's The Golden Skate, and boy was it fun! I hadn't been on rollerskates (I mean, "quads" as they are now called, as opposed to the more popular "in-lines" aka rollerblades) since I was in high school, so the whole experience made me giddy all over!

And oh, my - you should have seen NBear! She put her skates on by herself (of course I helped with the laces), and was SO the eager beaver! Not only did she have a no fear approach, she was more than happy to pick herself up after each spill. *yeah* The GREATEST part was -- she let go of the hold-on-for-dear-life rink "gutter" - as I call it - and was able to balance enough to keep up with me, hand-in-hand. :) It was such a wonderful feeling! Me, her, the smooth surface helping our wheels glide effortlessly, the smiles on our friends' faces when we passed them, the relaxing sensation taking over my entire body...

...that is, until NBear's right leg found its way between MY legs, and caused me to hit the rock-hard rink straight on my tailbone. *yup, I see you wincing!* It was such a hard fall, that moments after I exited the rink and sat to catch my breath, my friends' faces looked like they were being swallowed by black ink. I know I remember saying "Why can't I see you guys? How come I can't see you?" Luckily, I didn't faint. What I did have to do was help myself to some powerful doses of Ibuprofen for the next 3 days. Ugh - I hope I didn't break it.

It was all SO worth it, though.
Why?

She let go.
She.....let......go. :)

No comments: