Sunday, June 22, 2008

B-12 day (Was it a bomber?)

6:30 am today:

K gave her the shot while she was sleeping. The needle was small and thin, so I suppose it felt like a bite from a rabid, goliath mosquito. She twitched a bit and then scratched at the spot before heading back to la-la land. *Whew* One down, nine to go - before the next refill.

It took a mere 2 seconds.

Throughout the day, he and I debated about whether or not the conversational pieces she was having with us were a result of the shot. (Many parents whose children have responded well to B-12 *aka MB-12* state that their childrens' speech capability and communication levels increase by as much as double on the days the shots are administered). He would excitedly count the number of words she'd used in a sentence, and I would gently tell him that I had heard her speak that way before the shot was even given.

Long story short, the answer to whether or not we saw progress with the first administering of the shot, is VERY questionable. I'm sure he will say Yeah.....and I will be the resounding Nay. (Is there such a thing as "sorta Nay"? If so, add me to that list.)

The next shot is due in the next three days. We'll be in touch ;)

No comments: