Saturday, January 24, 2009

Movies and Dogs and Hotels oh my!

Gotta love LM! thank you, thank you, thank you...

Last night was the first time I went to the movies with NBear without the Huz.

Yes, I was pretty nervous, but when LM suggested that we watch a movie with her and super-duper cutie daughter J (with MBear in tow, of course), I practically leaped at the chance to be able to say these words to myself: "Yes, NBear went to the movies with a friend! She had a great time, and - oh my gosh - it was an official kiddie outing!"


Of course, the night did not begin so well *lol*. After the Huz picked her up from her social group at school, I told her about the movie plans and hyped it up as much as I could (Come on, Nbear! Yeah! We're going to watch a movie ..NO MOVIES, MAMA! NO MOVIE ANYMORE...so you have to change your clothes, ok?) She ran upstairs excitedly, and just as I was about to claim victory, Huz says, "She just changed into her pajamas." My smile disappeared.


I don't know how I managed it (perhaps she saw MBear dressed and ready to go?) but she later agreed to put on movie-appropriate garb, and with LM and sweetie-J in our van, we headed to the theater to watch this. Woof.

*Yes, she covered her ears and closed her eyes for a few of the movie scenes -
*Yes, she made nonsensical noises and uttered some"tv talk" throughout the show -
*Yes, she echoed some of the scenes' lines when the characters would say them (Friday? Where are you?...Friday? Where are you????)
* read every...single....word (or attempted to read) shown in the movie - OUT LOUD.

BUT - YES, she also...

*
made some conversation with the ticket person (Hi! How are you?)
* attempted to pay for mommy's popcorn with her movie ticket (Here you go! *holding ticket up to the confused popcorn-scooping man)
* had many "conversational" moments with LM and J
* very obviously enjoyed herself :)

Mommy Bear is happy. Very, very happy:)
Here's to your first movie night "playdate", sweetheart *big hug*!
I love love love love love you *muah*

Note: Plus, it didn't hurt that there were 3 kids in the theater screaming their lungs out. It certainly made me feel so much better. HAHAHAHA!

3 comments:

Michelle B Photography said...

Yay! What a huge step!

M. said...

Sounds like one of those "soak it up, mama" moments! That's very cool.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Oh, we have tv talk too. It's great that there were only three other kids in the theatre so you could concentrate on having a great time! Good for you!