Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ah and Oh

After reading this interesting post by a co-blogger, (I must admit I have yet to watch the youtube vid that accompanies it) I was filled with both elation and devastation.

Ah. The light at the end of the tunnel has suddenly become a tad brighter for those of us who have been searching for answers. (If there is any true substance to this interview?) Oh. I was the parent who said "Just give her ALL those shots at once - I really don't want her to come back and experience more pain!" I swear, if there was ever a visual in my head that was clear as day, it is of the Huz and myself standing in the Kaiser vaccination room - a baby NBear laying unsuspecting on the bed - and a line of freshly uncapped syringes on a blue tray next to her. Five of them.

People often ask themselves what superpower they would want if they could have it.....

No rocket science needed here to know mine. :(

I know, I know - it's not my fault, how could I have known, there is yet to be any rock-hard evidence for what causes it....we've all been comforted by those thoughts one time or another, and truly and honestly, I am nothing but thankful for the kind people God has sent our way. It's just that - not a day goes by when I wish we didn't have to prepare any medications for her, when I wish she wouldn't have to miss out on all the gluten and dairy (and egg) goodies other kiddies were enjoying, when I wish SOMEBODY - ANYBODY - could have told us that something as "normal" as vaccinations should be taken in stride........so yes, I know. *sigh*

She has come such a long way, dear friends. Many of our children have, and there is much to celebrate. Forgive me for having a day like this one. Ah, I'll get over it :)

...............p.s.
As I type, we are enjoying a home-cooked meal at LaVieJoie's abode in celebration of her hubby's birthday. She made the effort to prepare a gfcf chicken dish for NBear - which she first marinated in fresh orange juice, salt and pepper, before frying in olive oil. The chicken lasted less than 3 minutes on NBear's plate. :) Thanks, Joie!

5 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

You haven't posted how NBear's doing lately... hope all is well.

I'm looking forward/not looking forward to Woodjie being two soon. It's hard b/c the older he gets the more "behind" he is, but then again, he's him. But the things we're missing.

Yeah.

I hear ya.

Now, mind you, this is the kid who MISSED all those shots so he wouldn't be affected like his brothers, and he's the most severe. So DON'T BLAME YOURSELF. There ya go. Really. I'm not saying shots can't be a factor, more that I really don't think they're EVERYTHING, yk?

Mind you they're not NOTHING either, and these CDC folks need to get more honest with the public. Most people want honesty and CHOICES anyway. Hugs to ya.

Mama said...

I know, I know, I know. Can I say that enough? I KNOW exactly how you feel. I've been going back through journals that I didn't want to face until now. I found information that made me sick. Reactions in the days after shots, being on antibiotics and getting a Mumps vaccine. I can't blame myself, because I had NO idea that this could happen. I thought I knew-- no thimerisol, no MMR. Selective and delayed. In our case it wasn't enough, but I often wonder how much "worse" it could have been, had R had everything on schedule.

It's not about me, though. I just wanted to tell you I know how you feel. It's a violation, and it's bullshit, and some days I feel like screaming (and when alone, I sometimes do)

Hugs to you.

M. said...

Whoops, "Mama" is me. I have a personal blog and a public blog. ;)

DMV47 said...

Thanks, you two! Not only are our kid stories different, but so are our vacc stories! Mrs. C - yours still shocks me...like you, I too hope all will be well. Thanks for writing, Mama:) I feel loved:)

Joie said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad she liked it and will make it again for her. I'm all for the O. Organics that is. :)