Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thoughts on Thanks


My name is NBear, and five years ago, my parents got the bad news that I had autism. That's kind of funny, considering I don't feel any different from anyone else, and I most certainly don't look any different - in fact, I feel like a regular, energetic (Mommy and Daddy call it something like "hyper"?) seven year-old!

I've been noticing all the thanks people have been talking about today, so I thought I'd make a list of my own!


I, NBear, am wholeheartedly thankful for:
*

my little sisters MBear and SBear - but mostly MBear (at least at this age, because SBear isn't as much fun when I want to play run-around-and-chase-me. She does this funny crawling thing that takes waaaayyyy too long!)...mostly MBear, because she takes the time to have conversations with me, and doesn't seem to mind when they get repetitive.

*the DVD player and remote! I know this drives everyone mad, but I absolutely LOVE watching scenes over and over again - how can they not see the beauty in that?

*the people who've created YUMMY gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free snacks for my palate's pleasure -- there are too many to mention!

*my father, who has searched HIGH and LOW for those snacks, and my mother who blogs for me :)

*my 2nd grade teacher - who is a breath of fresh air because she really does have the experience and care that my parents have been looking for:)

*my awesome speech therapist, whom I have been reunited with! (I first met her when I was two, when my parents thought all I had was a speech impediment - it was she who, with a heavy heart, said that they should look at "the possibility of something else" because I was "exhibiting behaviors that were common with kids on the autism spectrum". So basically, she set us all on the right track to my success!

*Pixar studios - without whom I wouldn't have gotten to know my most favorite movie characters of all time: WOODY and JESSIE. (Nemo comes a close second, though)

*and finally, Mr. Walt Disney - for creating a world where even kids like me can feel magical. *sigh* (Plus, it helps that you do this for us! A million thanks!)


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everybody ~ *hugs*

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hi, NBear! Nice post!

Casdok said...

What a great list!
Belated happy Thanksgiving!