Friday, November 28, 2008

dancing bananas, and Cinderella rain

Sorry - no NBear photo for today's post (I'm downstairs on the laptop, and her fabulous files are in the office upstairs :( --- in case you were missing her interesting "eye" for beauty!

So - dancing bananas, huh? We came home from the annual family Turkey Feast last night, got into our PJs, and just as we settled into bed (at least tried to) NBear went up to the Huz and said she was hungry.

Being that he was ready to pass out (what's that chemical in turkey meat again?), his quick fix was to tell her to go downstairs and grab a banana for herself. This is the part when MBear also decides she is hungry, and opts for the same "treat". I already mentioned we were ready to PASS OUT, right?

NBear comes back into our room, two "naked" bananas in her hand - she has this odd thing with bananas and their peels, and refuses to eat one unless the ENTIRE peel is off! (Utterly frustrating because Mommy doesn't like dealing with sticky-hands) Then, just as she's ready to hand one over to NBear, she takes one more look at them, rocks her hand back and forth and says "Dancing Bananas!" *enter the sound of roaring adult laughter, and the need to sleep is forgotten for a few more minutes:) *

Now, for the Cinderella rain deal - does anyone know what the HECK that is? My poor NBear was sobbing like crazy today at Safeway, and kept telling me that she wanted "Cinderella rain, Cinderella rain, please - it IS Cinderella rain, mommy!!!" I was extremely baffled. I tried to retrace our steps (only in my head, lest we ran into this infamous Cinderella rain, and it cost more than I'd like!) because I knew it was something in the store that had caught her eye.

Alas, I left the store sans magical rain, with a broken-hearted angel clinging to the side of my grocery cart. (The fact that I was able to complete my shopping list was a miracle in itself!) I must admit, though - she didn't fall apart like I feared she would. Sure, she cried...and cried...and cried, but I realized that she had learned how to do one thing: calm herself down on her own. It may have been a one-time incident, (I'm praying it's not) but it was a wonderful moment. When we shop, she's usually not upset to the point of crying, so I definitely got a bit nervous when she broke down!

*breathing my well-awaited sign of relief* :)

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: