Thursday, July 24, 2008

New friend :)

*for those of you who don't read my comments*
Carolyn was nice enough to leave this one for me:

Just found your blog through a "someone who knows someone who knows someone else" type link. Sounds like you're a devoted and tough mom ... I'm always inspired by people who make the choice to commit themselves to their children. (Lots of folks talk the talk but don't walk the walk.) Well done! (I'm in the A club too - check out my kid's service dog blog at CharlietheNorthStarDog.blogspot.com)

First of all, I am beyond elated that she found me! Even better is the ingenious way she called our community: The A Club. I can't stop smiling. (for those of who grew up on my island home, wasn't there an "A" Club thing they would have at T-House every quarter? I vaguely remember being able to get discounts for my mom because I did well on a report card...or maybe it was just a bad dream? The T-House items, not the grades. But, I digress...)

Second, I have a feeling LVJ - the aforementioned friendofafriendofafriend - helped out with this "hookup" (right?) I know she once sent me the link to Carolyn's blog and I was crazy enough to not check it out until now. I think it's amazing how children with autism respond to canine companions! NBear loves her cousins' dog Molly - a black, super-active labradoodle. We're still trying to get her to be less afraid of other pooches, but slow and steady really does win the race.
*Don't worry, Kobe - she'll hug you one day too, I know it!*

And last - but definitely not least - I have to be very clear about this: despite the fact that my devotion to NBear's program is evident in my writing, it is not NEARLY as high on the scale as my husband's is. He truly is the stronger one between the both of us. :)

~He is the one who frantically searches websites and joins a million online groups for the sole reason of finding things that will help.
~He does all the shopping and cooking (my friends know why) to make sure we follow Dr. Mielke's dietary advice to the T. Errr...and also to make sure that 1)I don't burn the kitchen down, and 2) I don't feel so bad that I give in to letting NBear have what she's not supposed to!
.........and that's only two items on a long list! (trust me!)

I hope to add more "A" Club members to this blog. :)

3 comments:

Joie said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I loved that site! It's just so sweet. I nearly read the whole blog, but had to get to work. Maybe one day you guys will have a dog too. Maybe one day NBear will love Kobe too -- I hope. But I really do think it's his bark. It freaks me out too.

Last but not least...good job to your hubby!

Carolyn said...

Oh gosh ... no slight intended to your hubby! I have a great one too and without him our team isn't complete. (BTW, our "bear" is almost 6.) Keep up the work ... your bears need you!