Saturday, August 2, 2008

enter my silver lining for today

Forget about Shark Vacs and missing adapters!

This evening, when I was preparing to give NBear her meds, I dared to try what only her father had previously attempted: getting her to SWALLOW the caplets.

After a few tries with the trace mineral cap (she'd follow me and place it on the back of her tongue, but when she'd take a swig of her water I could see her tongue move the pill precariously to the right side of her mouth) I decided it was time for some visual and vocal help. (That, plus the poor capsule was getting battered and bruised in there - it was flat by the time she realized what needed to be done.)

Me: NBear.....you need to swallow the water, then aaaaallllll gooooonnnneee!

NBear: *confused look*

Me: *opening mouth wide* *gurgling sound* Cuuuuhhhhheeeeeee? Aaannnngggg Goooonnng!

NBear: *looking in my mouth*

Me: Okay, NBear - you have to swallow the water, and then no more medicine in your mouth, ok? All gone!

NBear: *swallows the water, and then opens her mouth to show that it is.....empty.* :)

What ensues is a crazy mother giving her daughter enough high-fives to last a lifetime. I'd say I gave her more than the number of fans Miley Cyrus has.

Plus, I threw in a bowl of Rice Dream ice cream.

Just because.

OH. Almost forgot - I won't be giving her any more of the large ZEN tablets to take in pill form, though. The poor bear was on a roll when she unfortunately gagged on that one. It took several gulps of H20 and a few extra moments of praise to get her to trust me again. *oops* It's a good thing she has perseverance.

I love you, NBear.

No comments: