Sunday, August 24, 2008

S-words

To date, I am still sans suppositories and sanity. (the latter not being too much of a shock)
Called the pharmacy (love them) and it seems there was some sort of misunderstanding:

*Yes, a prescription for chelation suppositories. Dr. Mielke said she would call it in on Wednesday. [it was now Saturday]*
No, I'm sorry. We haven't received the call yet.
*Wha-?? Really?*
Really.
*Oh. [perplexed pause here] Oh. So I guess I have to call her office...?*
Yes, I would do that! I'm so sorry. (said hurriedly, but with a cheery voice, nonetheless)

...and that marked the end of the conversation. Oh well - it will just put us back a weekend, I suppose. I'm not exactly looking forward to this "experience" anyway. *shrug*
In other news, I gave NBear an MB-12 shot (for the first time) on Saturday. Call it the need for adventure. The Huz took SBear to her "gin-as-tick" class and before they left, I nonchalantly asked him if he had already administered the shot. No, not yet. I smiled to myself as the wheels in my head began to sputter and whir, and asked him if I could do it. His head snapped up when he looked at me. If..you...want to? That was all the push I needed. :)
I soon realized I needed more of a shove than a push.
For starters, NBear was already AWAKE. Huz always did it when she was asleep. (Except one other time, and when the memories of THAT event came back to me, I wondered why I ever decided to volunteer for this) In that memory, we asked NBear to lay on her tummy on the couch. Her constant whining and turning to see the oncoming needle was enough to cause us to heave sighs of defeat. Huz got it in, though, and that was that.
But that was HIM. Calm, patient, easy-going, and STRONGER than me. Enter me (think on-edge mommy with wailing 7-month old at her hip) and it no longer becomes a pretty picture.

me: Come on, NBear - time for "owie" butt, ok? *still wonder why it was an utter success at the get-go?*
NB: No! No owie butt, no!
me: It will be very fast! Very fast! Just lie down he...
NB: No lie down here, no! I don't want to lie down...I don't want owie!
(to read the dialogue in its entirety, simply re-read the above a hundred more times)

Thank goodness I don't have a fear of needles. I do have a fear of accidentally BENDING needles when the subject of your "poke" turns into the human jumping bean.
The bottom line (pun intended here) *lol* is that I DID IT! yes.
When H and Sbear came home, I managed to make everything look like a piece of cake. You gave it already? I thought you were going to wait for me? I waited for the air of confidence to fog the entire kitchen before I replied. "Nah - I managed to do it!"
I know he saw right through me. He managed a smile, though!

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Oh, wow that sounds like you had a fun weekend. (hugs)