Monday, August 4, 2008

on my never-to-do-list

Never again will I convince myself that going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium LATER than noon is a good idea. I mean NEVER.

NBear loves anything and everything that has to do with marine life, so of course MBA would be her heaven (or at least one of them - but I'm not into the whole reincarnation thing, so cancel that thought). In light of that, we make an effort to do a yearly pilgrimage to this world-famous aquarium universe.

We definitely paid the price for our late arrival. It was so crowded at the base of all the aquarium exhibits, that only Yao Ming would've gotten a good look at their fishy residents. *Hmph* Maybe not even him! The way everyone was jockeying for a spot, you would've thought Brad and Angelina were doing the feeding shows! One area even had people sitting on the floor in front of the tall Plexiglas - and something told me it was not because they were in awe of the wonders of the Kelp forest. Perhaps a peaceful surrender?

I didn't feel bad for my NBear, though. She was such an expert at weaving herself in and out of adult legs and bodies, getting to the glass was no problemo! Well, as they say in life - survival of the fittest.

I was going to add a pic at the Bat Ray touch pool, but I can't seem to upload any pics right now - a message pops up that says there's an INTERNAL ERROR. I tried other pics, and the result was the same.

Hmmm....perhaps it's blogspot's internal error and not my computer's? Could this possibly (more like hopefully) have anything to do with the whole SPAM mistake they made recently? I was good today and actually read the message on the dashboard.

Help.




1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Funny - my kid loves all things aquaria too! There's a great aquarium store in Dublin called Aquarium Concepts and it's a great place to go for an almost-aquarium experience. They have a HUGE tank in the back that we visit almost weekly (and the folks are nice enough that they don't seem to mind us just checking things out.)