Wednesday, August 6, 2008

You Go!

This woman is the BEST.

Meet Dr. Leony Go, from the Fremont branch of Kaiser Permanente.

She has been my childrens' ONLY pediatrician. She is not only caring and easy to talk to about normal issues, but provides a TON of support when it comes to working together with Dr. Mielke for NBear's benefit.

I received a phone call from her the other day to discuss the most recent test Dr. M. requested, and she was all ears about how the whole DAN! experience was going. (So tell me again what DAN! stands for? I'd like to try to understand as much as I can.) Of course, like I do, she worries about chelation therapy. In the end however, her wonderful words were, "As long as you feel you are doing what's best!" :)

Need you ask if I'd totally recommend her for any other A-Club members?

5 comments:

LAA and Family said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I've just taken a very quick look at yours and have enjoyed it.

Having a good pediatrician is such a treasure! (Yours is a little far away for me to visit though!) Ours is okay, best because he is very efficient and we don't have long waits at his office. He has made it clear to me, however, that in-depth autism issues need to be addressed by a developmental pediatrician.

I think you live in an area that I used to.. I lived in Monterey, and Marina when I was 8 and then up in Concord for a short while when I was 9.

I look forward to "visiting" you in the future!

DMV47 said...

You're welcome :) I'm interested in knowing more about a developmental pediatrician...I will definitely bring that up with Dr. Go the next time I see her. Thanks for the info!

Carolyn said...

I think you have to get the "Normal People Scare Me Video" off their website. That's how we found it but you might try googling it and perhaps even checking with the library. Good luck!

LAA and Family said...

Hello again! You mentioned in your comment to me about checking into seeing a developmental pediatrician. Here is an article I found about developmental pediatricians a while back, when I was helping another Mom who was trying to determine if her son needed to see one.

http://autism.about.com/od/autismtherapy101/a/devpediatrics.htm


My experience (and present opinion) happen to agree with the opinion in this article.. that developmental pediatricians are great for getting a diagnosis, but often times they are not very helpful in terms of knowledge about education (some people would say "treatment") options.

It may be that you really are not in need of a developmental pediatrician because Dr. Go is so supportive of you. I'm really impressed that she took the time to speak with your biomedical Dr. and that she values your opinion to the extent that she does.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! I'm jealous, but in a good way, so happy you have her!