Wednesday, August 6, 2008

for Carolyn and Tim


Mommy read your post about Tim falling in love with the video camera, so she decided to give it a try:


It certainly took me a while to understand what she meant when she said, "Follow mommy with the camera, honey! Follow Mommy!" Did she really have to hop around like a bunny on hot stones? I mean, I WAS following her - with my own eyes. Then it occurred to me - I could SEE her on this contraption's screen! There you are, Mommy :) The neat thing was, I didn't need to look through an eye lens to see her. Mind you, I did try - I shut one eye and kept the other one open, but as I placed the open one on the black object on the camera's rear, Mommy told me that it was something called a battery. Weird.

It was still a bit hard for me to focus, and I can tell by the look in her eyes that she was digging deep in her cranium for other ways to get me to understand. (She has been a bit sad today...I wish I knew why. Thought I heard something about a passing...) So, as Mommy always does before she decides to call it a day, she let out a huge sigh and tried hopping around again.

And this time, though very slowly, I moved the camera in her direction...and kept her on that screen. :) *sigh* I'll need more practice, though.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Love,

NBear :)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So glad we can share ideas! Looks like your bear is ready to take on Hollywood any day. (By the way, have you ever watched the movie "Normal People Scare Me"? It's a documentary done by an autistic boy with the help of Joey Travolta (of the Joey Travolta Film camps - yes, that's John's brother.) It's a bittersweet film but in the end, it left me feeling optimistic about the things our kids can accomplish.) Kudos to the Bear!

Woof! (That's from Charlie.)