Tuesday, August 12, 2008

meeting Mrs. C.

Friends of NBear (Carolyn and LAA, I hope you're reading!): just thought I'd introduce you to Mrs. C - mother of 6 (yes, SIX!), three of whom are on the autistic spectrum *I hope I got that right:) *. She also homeschools two of her angels.

I loved how I was able to relate to a lot of her posts. The following, from her blog, should be evidence of the fact that even A-Club members need a laugh! We all do. Thanks for the humor, Mrs. C. LOL!

(If you're not familiar with the original Serenity Prayer, I suggest you read it first - otherwise, you won't appreciate what follows. Trust me:)
*note: the words "Senility Prayer" and "Madame Monet" are links*

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never cared for, the luck to run into those I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Welcome to our A-Club! :)

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Awww.... THANKS!!!

G and Elf are diagnosed autistic, but not baby J. Baby J has finally said his first word, but I'm extremely suspicious he's autistic because:

1. He stims.
2. Bangs his head.
3. You know the deal when they play differently? Yeah.
4. Delayed language.

I'm not ready to spend the money and time to diagnose him because the state helps you at this age based on what your kid needs. And later? I plan on homeschooling because our local elementary school locks autistics in closets. Yup. Read my post in my sidebar about "Why We Homeschool" and you'll understand why I'm a homeschool nut now.

I really appreciate the welcome!! It's nice to feel included, even if it is a club we never asked to join, ya know?? ((hugs))